First Haircut
Okay, so way back in November right before Thanksgiving I finally decided it was time to cut Noah's hair. His bangs were in his eyes and I did not want Thanksgiving pictures with his hair like that.
Okay, so way back in November right before Thanksgiving I finally decided it was time to cut Noah's hair. His bangs were in his eyes and I did not want Thanksgiving pictures with his hair like that.
Here is the before picture:
I called Cool Cuts for Kids and made an appointment. I called them one because it is right by Brian's work and two I thought as the name of the store states it would be cool. It was pretty neat. They had lots of toys for kids to play with and the chair they sat Noah in was a taxi cab. He really did not mind the hair cut at all. He was very excited to be in a car but his did not have a steering wheel and the one next to him did. I was very impressed that there was no crying and only a little bit of moving.
Happy in my car =)
Holding real still for the scissors.
Being very still.
So happy especially since it is all over.
Not So Good Haircut
About an hour after we got home Brian said "Noah's hair looks funny". I didn't really pay any attention to that statement. The next day while Noah was playing I said "I think his bangs are uneven". Upon further inspection by the two of us (and why it took us especially me so long to notice I am not sure) his haircut was not so good. I know it must be hard to cut a one year old's hair but I got it cut to look good in pictures and now it was going to be even worse.
Expensive Haircut
WOW!! Never once did I ask what the haircut would cost because never once did I think it would be over $10.00 dollars. First, let me say that all they did was trim his bangs and trim the back of his hair. I do not even consider this a haircut really. It cost us $20.00 dollars. Yes, you read it correctly we paid $20.00 for Noah to get a trim. The cost of the haircut became even more painful once we realized that is was not so good. I did wait a while before telling Brian the cost of the haircut because, I knew he would not be happy and I was right. So, to appease him I said now I know why Amber cuts every one's hair herself. To which Brian replied, "Can she teach you how?"









3 comments:
Glad to see an update!
We also do Cool Cuts for Kids....here is the way to get a cheaper haircut: Sign up for their rewards club. You get coupons in the mail and via email, which makes the haircut about $11 before tip (you get them frequently, which is nice because Isaac gets a haircut about every five weeks or so). Also, sounds like they charged you the "First Haircut" price, which is higher than their normal charge. Ours charges 14.95 per haircut (still much too high). They also will attempt to convince you to buy all their products, which is plain silliness.
One time a stylist totally messed up Isaac's hair and I took him back and made them fix it for free. He has also moved accidentally while they were shaving the back hairline and made it a little uneven...which just happens with little boys.
We loved the Christmas card!
I had a similar experience with Gabe's first haircut recently. Although, now I don't recall how much I paid, but whatever it was, it was too much for his hair to not turn out perfect. He was super still and I only had the top of his hair trimmed.
O.k. so now I'm attempting to read the blogs! I have a lot of catching up to do! :)
I think Noah's hair is cute all the time, so I guess I never noticed the bad cut? $20 is craziness! I was lucky that my old hairstylist cut kid's hair free if they came in at the end of their mom's appt. That was nice.
Cute blog--I'll try to read more often now! :)
Post a Comment