Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Same Song Second Verse

Well, I guess it would not be the holidays with out someone in the Read household in the hospital. Last year on Christmas day we ended up in the hospital because Noah could not walk and there had been no previous injury. He turned out to be okay but all of Christmas day was spent in the ER. So, this year it was Brian's turn. We had a great Christmas (thankfully) at the Grandparent Read's house. (I will write a post on that later b/c I want to add pictures and I can't do that here at the hospital.) Things were going great and I really thought this year was going to be rather uneventful. On Sunday, B had to fly back home to work for a few days. On Monday at work B began having horrible pain. He could barley stand up he was in so much pain. Luckily, he works next door to an ER so they wheeled him over and dx him with kidney stones. Meanwhile Noah and I are still at the Grandparent Read's house and Brian is here alone. I decided not to come home just yet but I did not go with Noah and the rest of the fam to see the Great Grandparent Read's. It was just too far and I want to be able to leave ASAP if I was needed, and apparently I was. The hospital sent B home with pain meds but during the night those pain med's were not enough. The pain was so bad that he passed out and when he woke up he called my mom and some good friends to help him back to the hospital. Once I got the call that he was worse I packed up and headed home. So, we are spending the night in the hospital and waiting for the doc to do a procedure in the morning.

No comments: