Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day 2011

Happy New Year 2011. I am so excited about this new year. I know God has a lot planned for me and my family this year. I have been feeling Him move since November and even though I don't know what He has in store I do know what His word says.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I know that the Lord is going to teach this little Read family just what that means this year! I have to say I am very excited to see what the Lord is going to do.

My New Year Resolutions!?!
I think I always make these although I am not sure I always keep them. I am determined to keep at least a couple this year. Here they are in no particular order:

1. Keep my blog updated. (I know this one has been on my list every year but...) I have put together a plan. The most important is to not be overwhelmed so I am not going to try and catch up. I am going to take the easy way out and make a whole bunch of shutterfly books to make up for the years I've missed (2007-2010) and then do the blurb book for what I have done up to now.

2. I received a Kindle 3 for Christmas (thank you Grandma and Grandpa Read) and I LOVE it. I have decided that I am going to turn off the TV in the evenings so I can get caught up on the books I want to read. I am going to list them here so I can hold myself accountable. ~WHEN GODLY PEOPLE DO UNGODLY THINGS, ~THE WHOLE IN OUR GOSPEL, ~BRINGING UP BOYS, ~RAISING A MODERN DAY KNIGHT, ~THE FORGOTTEN GOD, ~THE LIBERTY OF OBEDIENCE, ~THE GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL GOD. I am sure I will be adding some to this as well ;).

3. This one goes along with number one. To finish Asher's baby book and Noah's baby book. Then to make shutterfly books of different holidays for the years 2007-2010, also a special events book for those years, and a vacation book for those same years.

4. This is my last, so not to many to try and accomplish. I want to get in bed at a decent hour (10:30) so that I can get up before the little ones to spend time with God. I heard an amazing quote by Andy Stanley. He said "Doing the revealed will of God is the key to knowing the unrevealed will of God." I know that I know this but I love being reminded. My prayer for my whole family is to grow in our knowledge of God this year.

So, on a non serious note. I asked Noah what is resolutions were and he said. 1. To get to level 4 in scooby doo game. That is what Brian and him did today and Noah has already accomplished one of his resolutions. (I need to get busy;)) Aren't they cute all serious playing video games.

Noah also said he wants for some friends to come to his house. Also, he wants to play and eat popcorn with Gabe. Too funny!


Sweet Asher! He loves to play with any kind of ball. He loves to pick them up, throw them, and then crawl to get them. Brian and I hope he will pick up a few words this year so he will stop screaming when he wants something.


Today we went over to Uncle D's and Aunt ReRe's house and got to hang out with our new baby cousin Rhett. Noah is sooooo excited about baby Rhett. All he talks about is when baby Rhett gets older he can come play with me. Look at what a cute little peanut he is!

Oh my baby fever!



Grandma is staying for a little while and helping with Rhett. So we lucked out and got to go see and hang out with Grandma also. The boys had a lot of fun playing with her tonight.
One funny story from tonight that I can not forget to mention is at dinner Noah was "looking off". So I asked him what was wrong and he said he was a little sad. All of us at the table were like why are you sad. He said "b/c he did not have a double light saber or the x-wing jet from star wars!" Oh my, this kid knows how to pour it on. It was funny and sweet at the same time. Trust me we are working on getting both of those things ~ only b/c we took back one present that was broken.

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Great post! Look forward to reading more blogs in the future!

We saw you MIL yesterday at church! Good to see her.

Hopefully we can get our families together SOON now that the holiday craziness is behind us!

Kristen OQ said...

Glad you are back to blogging so I can read all about the fabulous Read family! I am kind of excited to get back into the swing of things so I can start seeing people again. Hope you had a great break!