Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OBEDIENCE

Me: "Noah let's put your jacket on so we can go."
Noah: Walks away and plays at train table.
Me: "Noah please obey mommy, let's put on your jacket so we can go to BSF"
Noah: "One more time, play motorcycle."
Me: "Noah do you want to get a spanking? Lets put on you jacket now! We are going to be late. Why is it so hard for you to obey Mommy? Don't you want to obey Mommy? Just put on your jacket it is not that hard!!!"

Jacket is finally on and we are off to BSF.

Me (talking to other mom's at BSF): "Why is it so hard to just get out of the door? I have the hardest time with first time obedience."

Leviticus 26 (Title in the Bible) Reward for Obedience
v1-2. "Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the Lord your God.
v3 "If you follow my decrees and are careful to OBEY my commands. v4. I will ...
v14-39 (Title in the Bible) Punishment for Disobedience

God (talking to my heart during the BSF lecture): "I want you to come and spend time with me."
Me: "Not now it is too early, I have to go to work."
God: "Come spend time with me now"
Me: "Not now I just want to watch this one TV show."
God: "Now?"
Me: "I'll do it tomorrow, it is getting late."

Who is obeying who? Why do I expect Noah to obey me when I have a hard time obeying my Father? I am sure God is thinking the same things about me that I did about Noah. I have done this BSF study once before and I don't remember it being so much about obedience. I have learned that when something sticks out so blatantly that God is trying to teach me something.

(Sorry this is different from every other one of my posts but it was on my heart and I felt like I needed to write about it.)

2 comments:

Callie Martin said...

It's really awesome that you thought about it like this. I usually can't get past being angry about kids disobeying me to notice that I do it all the time to God.

Holly said...

Good thoughts Chantelle!