Wednesday, May 6, 2009

14 weeks

Okay, I have run out of excuses for not blogging. I do have to say that since I posted last I have been going to bed on average around 8:30 every night. I also have spent most of my days feeling very sick. The first trimester of this pregnancy has really knocked me down. Thankfully, I have begun to feel better. I think part of it is getting out of the first trimester and also not taking DHA. When I was pregnant last all I had to take was good ole prenatal vitamin but now they want you to take a DHA pill. When Noah was on formula it was a big deal for him to get DHA. The vitamin that Dr. E told me to buy came with the DHA pill separate. So, one night I forgot and just took the prenatal pill. The next day no nausea, hmm I thought. The next night I decided not to take the DHA pill again no nausea. I told Dr. E what I thought and she said it could be a little of both to give it a few more weeks and try the DHA pills again. But, for right now no more nausea. YEA!!!!!!!!

Now, on to the surgery. I knew getting pregnant meant I would have surgery around this time. It really was not as bad as I thought. I have only had one really really bad contraction (which reminded me that I actually have to have this baby and go through that again -- uggh I had kinda forgotten about that part) I have had to be on bed rest since the surgery and until Monday. That has been tougher than I thought it would be. I spent 7 weeks in the hospital on bed rest with Noah so, I thought one week at home would be a breeze. I don't know why this is different but, all I have wanted to do is exercise. Brian went last night to work out and I wanted to say no you can't go I am going. This is rare b/c I am not a big exerciser. I haven't had any trouble sleeping and I did finish a book I was reading so those are good things. I just am ready for Saturday and Sunday to be over.

Next Friday I go in for a post op check up and my 15th week check up. Dr. E said she would try and look for the sex. I am so excited I hope the baby will work with us so we can find out.


Noah and I in the hospital bed. He actually did much better than I thought he would. I think it really helped that he got to sleep in and then take a good nap thanks to his Aunt Ashely helping out.

My first belly picture. I know it doesn't look very big but boy it feels like I got a lot bigger a lot faster this time around.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad for the update! We saw Brian just briefly tonight, and I didn't get a chance to ask him how you were doing. Glad it sounds like everything went well. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update, Chantelle. I totally had the same experience with prenatals with DHA. I never get sick during pregnancy, but I could not handle those AT ALL.

I know it is tough to take it easy, but take care of yourself! Praying for you and your family.

amber dayton said...

We are so thankful for the successful surgery! What a huge praise. Cute first belly pic! :)

Smang said...

Praising God for successful surgery. Can't wait to see what the sex is!

Alyssa said...

So glad that surgery went well. Praying for continued blessings throughout these next few weeks and months :)

Whitney said...

Glad everything is going well! We're praying for you guys! Cute belly pic too :) TINY!!!