On Tuesday I went to Dr. Payne's office for my 24 week 5 day appointment. He said the baby looked great and was weighing 2lbs. WOW! I wonder how much he will weigh by 30 weeks. Here are a few of the amazing pictures he took with the sono.
I love this profile picture. You can see him and what he looks like so well.
I did not get to post this right after we found out that we were having another boy. Every time I go see Dr. Payne he says "Do you know what you are having?" I say yes but check and make sure. He printed this off for me and said I don't think there is any doubt.
After he does the sono on my belly he does an internal sono. This is always the most scary and this week I had reason. My cervix had shortened from 2.9cm (the measurement last week at Dr. Emmet's) to 2.5cm. He said my stitch was still holding but there was a lot of funneling. So, he sent me to HEB hospital and said to see him on Thursday. He also mentioned Mag. if you have ever had mag. you know that is no fun. So, I went to HEB and was monitored for a while and I was having contractions so they gave me a shot of Terb. After that shot of Terb. my contractions completely went away. They sent me home with orders for a Terb. pump and a home monitor system.
The first picture is the home monitor. I put the middle part on my belly for one hour twice a day. I then put the middle thing back on and send the info it gathered over the phone. The nurses read it and give me a call. They can tell me if I am having contractions or not. It is quite annoying but it also if very reassuring when they call and say no contractions. The second picture is my Terb. pump. It has a little blue tube that connects to my leg and sends .05ml of Terb. all day. Every 4 hours I get an Auto Dose (pictured) that is .2ml. The good thing is if I need more I can give myself a Demand Dose so, I don't have to go anywhere to get it. It isn't bad and I have already adjusted to the side effects of Terb. The hardest part is not getting tangled up in it.
So, today I had to go back to Dr. Payne and I got a good report. Praise the Lord. I prayed so hard today because he said if my cervix was to my stitch he would put me in the hospital. I knew all my friends were praying and it felt so good to know I was covered in prayer. Dr. Payne said I looked better than I did on Tuesday. My cervix is still at 2.5cm but I had actually improved instead of getting worse. That is such and answer to prayer because I was contracting a lot more today.
Here is a picture of me getting a sono from Dr. Payne.
One last picture, my ever growing belly at 25 weeks and one day.




7 comments:
We are praying for you Chantelle! Hang in there.
Praying all the time for you Chantelle! Hang in there baby boy!
Glad that you got good news yesterday! Praying for that little boy to keep cooking!
So glad for the good news! Praying that it continues!
We are praying constantly for you and that sweet baby boy. So glad for the good report from this week!
And for some reason, that last comment didn't show up as me...who knows!
Praying praying praying for you!!!! I have a dear friend here who is going through the same thing, so I am familiar with the process, and how scary it is from watching her. Know that prayers are coming from Houston!!!! Yay for good news this week!!
Post a Comment