Sunday, August 23, 2009

29 weeks

Wow! I am just amazed that I am already 29 weeks. At times it feels like this pregnancy has gone sooooo slow, but most of the time it feels like it has flown by. I can't believe in less than 11 weeks Asher will be here. I say less than 11 b/c all my meds stop at 37 weeks. When I was pregnant with Noah I went into labor the day after my meds stopped, so if that holds true I really only have 8 weeks left. I have hit a huge milestone in more than one way. First, I am halfway done with bed rest. I got put on bed rest at 24 weeks and I knew it would be over for sure at 34 weeks. 5 down and 5 to go oh yea!!!! The other milestone is just being 29 weeks if for some reason Asher was born now he would be okay. I in no way want him to be born now but if he was there would be no long term effects. I think the hardest part now is going to be staying put and finishing up the last 5 weeks of bed rest. I am trying to get as much done now as I can b/c I know once I am off bed rest those 3 weeks will go by so fast.
I went to my specialist this week to see get a growth report and to see how everything else was going. The best news was that he got the same measurement of my cervix as Dr. E. So, I am actually going the other way instead of my cervix being only 2.5 cm long it is now 2.8cm long. Which is so great b/c I did not know it could close back up. I had not been praying for that to happen and I am so thankful that it did. I love that God went above and beyond what I asked for. The other good news is that Asher is growing like crazy. He is a little ahead in weight at 3lbs. 7 oz. which is about a pound more than normal.

Noah got to come with me this week and it was so funny. There was another little boy there and when he came out of the appointment he had a picture of "his baby." This made Noah very excited and he ran over to my purse and grabbed the DVD I had. He took it over to the boy and said "I have a mobie of my baby brother." It was too cute. After our appointment Dr. P gave Noah the sonogram picture shown above. Noah was so excited b/c baby brother is waving to us. He would not put the picture down and we had to hang it up in his room. I can't wait for Noah to actually meet Asher. I think he is going to love having someone to play with. I chose the name Asher b/c I liked the blessing Moses gives the tribe of Asher. It says 'Asher most blessed of sons and a favorite of his brothers.' I truly do believe Asher will be a favorite of Noah's and I pray that will continue for all of their lives.
I got another fun toy this week. One of the downfalls to being on bed rest is that it puts you at a greater risk for blood clots. I have been having some tenderness in my legs so before it went too far Dr. E ordered me an STD machine (I think that is what it is called). Basically what it does is massage my leg which is nice.
This is the leg sleeve which I had to buy and was very expensive. You attach it to a machine (which I rent each month) that blows air into the sleeve to pump it up. It actually feels like a real massage and is better than the alternative which was to give myself a heparin shot everyday into my belly.
My 29 week belly picture. I think you can tell I am beginning to get a little uncomfortable.

3 comments:

amber dayton said...

We are so excited to meet Asher as well! He will be here before you know it... praying that these last 5 weeks go by quickly for you, and that you can enjoy carrying this little (ok, not so little) one to term. Love you friend!

Kelly said...

So glad to hear such a great report. Hang in there!

Kristen OQ said...

Great report!

I have a pair of those Jobst compression tights for swelling and blog clots. They are really expensive...like $100...would those help you? I was going to sell them in the JBF sale, but if want them, I can bring them over. Just let me know!