The race began around 9:15 for the co-ed division, and prior to earlier thought, the weather was perfect. No frost bite this year! My plan was simple at the beginning. The "Fox 4" news crew was participating and would be followed by cameras. My school of thought was to take out Steve Eager (nightly news anchor); this would surely land us on the 9:00 news. Well, my teammates found that to be in poor sport. You win this time Eager!
We ventured through tunnels, climbed over nets, bear-crawled in 20yd mud/water pits, etc. We started the race together, and we crossed the finish line together. Chantelle and Noah were cheering us on at the finish line. Noah, even though we were covered in mud, was eager to hand-out kisses to the team.
People ask (including my lovely wife), "And you paid for this?" Yes. We had a blast, and except for Ashley, our one wounded runner, will all return next year. Actually, there is going to be a Spring edition, so I reckon' will run then.
Overall, 2 Fast 2 Furious had a great time! Newcomers: Ashley, Stephanie, and Jared all did great, and I was proud to have them on our team!
Until Mud Run 2008...the end.









4 comments:
Yeah, that doesn't look so fun to me. However, I am sure Tobe is terribly sad he was working this year rather than running through puddles of mud. What happened to wearing a tie?
Wow...I am having flashbacks when people told me the 3-day would be fun! :) It does sort of look like fun...minus the mud, blisters, water, etc. I guess I am out for a team mate! Great job for a great cause!
I second Em's comment - who knew blisters could be so awful! I'm proud of all of you... but definately won't be joining you next year (or ever) :).
Hey Chantelle,
I found you through Lana's blog and thought I would say hi! Your Noah is getting so big and is super cute! Hope you have a great Christmas!
Post a Comment